Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Purchase

I pulled some reviews from the internet and read up on what the industry thought about the Ute when it was introduced.  Here are some of those reviews; Gear Junkie, Dirt RagBike Hugger, and Bike Radar. After reading the comments I am convinced that I am on the right track.

I did an quick search on Craigslist and found exactly one Kona Ute, a 2009 model two and a half hours away.  After some back and forth with the seller I decided it was worth a look.  Tuesday I drove up and several miles and $460 later I am the proud owner of this bike.


Completely stock 2009 Kona Ute with two exceptions; the handlebar grips have been replaced and several reflective stickers (penguins and polar bears) have been added. The Ritchie grips are OK, but the stickers have to go.  A little Goo Gone will fix those.

The deal included two Kona panniers made for this bike.


When I got home from work on Wednesday I went for a spin.  I was giggling like a little girl before I got around the corner (well, at least on the inside)!  I had completely forgotten what it is like to ride upright actually looking at the world around you. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment